WHAT: The European Union Studies Program of the University System of Georgia invites students from program institutions* and Georgia College and State University to showcase their research on the European Union and EU-related topics at the annual EU Studies Program Student Conference, to be held March 27-29, 2019 at Georgia College & State University, Milledgeville, GA.
Papers on the following topics are welcome:
* Brexit and separatist movements in Europe
* The EU refugee and immigration crisis
* Terrorism and security in the EU
* EU foreign and defense policy
* The Eurozone and EU economic crises
* US-EU relations
* Other EU-related topics and contemporary European political issues (e.g. populist movements and illiberalism)
Students may present research papers written for courses in previous semesters, or being written for a course in the current semester. Independent study research papers are also welcome.
Students, through their campus representative, must submit an abstract (150-word limit) summarizing the content of their paper.
Proposals (abstracts) must be received by February 22, 2019 and should be sent by the campus representative to one of the conference organizers:
Dr. Hank Edmondson, Georgia College & State University, email@example.com
Dr. Michael Baun, Valdosta State University, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Kathleen Barrett, University of West Georgia, email@example.com
Dr. Chris Lawrence, Middle Georgia State University, firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial support for conference travel expenses may be available at the student’s home institution. Check with your campus program representative.
* Augusta State University, Georgia Southern University, Georgia Southwestern State University, Georgia State University, Middle Georgia State University, Kennesaw State University, South Georgia State College, University of West Georgia, Valdosta State University